“The St. George Dance Company has existed for the last 11 years, and in that time, it has provided a venue for professional dancers to continue their craft and entertain audiences with the highest quality of dance and performance art in the Southwest region of the United States. St. George Dance Company is committed to continuing an era of success, and with a new focus and dedicated staff, the Company will continue to grow. We encourage you to attend performances, to participate in community classes, and contribute the growth of the company. As Amelia Atwater-Rhodes once said, “In a society that worships love, freedom, and beauty, dance is sacred. It is a prayer for the future, a remembrance of the past and a joyful exclamation of thanks for the present.” – Becky Reed, SGDC Artistic Director
St. George Dance Company now has a fully functioning board and staff to help the company reach its potential as the only dynamic professional dance company in Southern Utah!
- Becky Reed has been appointed Artistic Director.
- Sherlynn Davis has been appointed Executive Director.
- Rachel Holman has been appointed Assistant Artistic Director.
With new executive leadership, our mission for the SGDC is to:
- Create – Innovative work that connects with, inspires, captivates, and intellectually stimulates all audiences.
- Provide Opportunity – Provide a professional performance venue for adult dancers, choreographers, and patrons.
- Educate – Enlighten the public and bring contemporary dance to the forefront as an accessible and valued art from performances, lecture demonstrations and collaborations with other artists.